Tonle Sap Floating Village Tour from Siem Reap 10am-2pm
10am - 2pm
Take a guided tour of Tonle Sap Lake to visit the floating villages of Siem Reap, complete with floating schools, markets and more. The 4-hour trip includes an English-speaking guide, private boat and round-trip transportation from your Siem Reap hotel.
Get a unique experience while in Siem Reap as you head for the Tonle Sap Lake to explore the famous floating villages. You will be immersed in an intriguing atmosphere watching the locals go about their daily life in their extraordinary aquatic environment. On route to the lake you will have an opportunity to stop and take some photos of the lotus flowers which are a deeply important flower in Buddhism.
Located in the Tonle Sap Lake you will visit one of the largest of the floating villages, Chong Khneas, traveling by boat with a private guide. Home to Khmer and ethnic Vietnamese and Cham communities, your guide will explain how life evolved around the lake, how life continues to this day and what threats the communities and their dwellings face.
You will visit the floating crocodile and fish farm and then onto the famous Queen Tara, the biggest boat on the lake, in the heart of the floating village where you will be served lunch from our menu and a couple of free drinks. Then relax on one of our numerous hammocks or step onto the upper viewing deck to take in the beautiful scenery.
Look out too for the local birdlife. The reserve is home to a bird sanctuary and attracts a rich array of birds, from painted stork to a large colony of spot billed pelicans.
Your depature time is 10am, pick up from hotel prior to this time. Each tour lasts approximately 4 hours door-to-door, taking you from your Siem Reap accommodation to the heart of the “Great Lake” as it is popularly called.
All entrance fees included.
Free drinks included.
Free hotel pickup and drop-off included.
Led by a local guide.
Hotel pickup and drop-off.
Transport by air-conditioned minivan.
Know before you book
1. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
2. Children 10 or under, half price. 5 or under FREE.
3. Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
4. Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
5. Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
Know Before You Go
1. Hotel pickups commence prior to start time of tour. You will be allocated a pickup time on confirmation of booking.
2. Pickup times are subject to slight change due to local traffic conditions.
3. Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
4. Local supplier telephone number: +855 (0)88 8969 093.
Please pay the guide at the start of the tour.
Hotel information required on booking.
All traveler names required on booking.
Price $32 per person