Beng Mealea & Kampong Khleang
8am - 5pm
Enjoy this adventure that will take you off-the-beaten-track to both the remote Beng Mealea Temple ("Jungle Temple") as well as the village of Kompong Khleang. Beng Mealea is a less-visited, but nonetheless historically important temple, and represents a fascinating example of the Suryavarman architecture, dating back to the 12th century.
Once you are picked up from your accommodation in Siem Reap in an AC Minivan/car early in the morning you will head off to Beng Mealea (around 70 kms away). Along the way you will be able to admire the rural Cambodia. Then you will arrive at the recently discovered temple, built by Suryavarman II in the 12th century and being an example of a fusion of Buddhist and Hindu architecture. The complex is nestled inside a jungle forest and spreads over 1 square kilometer. Unlike Angkor Wat and other temples, this one has been left as it was discovered - with nature working its way through the temple, reclaiming it block by block. There are many secret passages, hidden archways, fallen masonry, perching on top of broken galleries and accessing through gaps in the ruins. Your guide will prove himself/herself indispensable by pointing out things that would normally go unnoticed.
After you have explored the complex you will then be taken to see the nearby village of Kompong Khleang and your guide will show you where the sandstone was cut from the mountain and explain how the blocks were transported to the site.
You will then stop for a well-deserved rest and lunch at a Khmer restaurant.
Afterwards, you will be transported in an AC minivan/car back to Siem Reap.
Free hotel pickup and drop-off included.
Step back in time on a history tour.
Informative, friendly and professional guide.
Know Before You Book
1. Children must be accompanied by an adult
2. A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
3. Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
4. Not recommended for participants with back problems.
5. A moderate amount of walking is involved.
6. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
7. Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
8. Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
9. Children 10 or under, half price. 5 or under FREE.
Know Before You Go
1. Hotel pickups commence prior to start time of tour. You will be allocated a pickup time on confirmation of booking.
2. Pickup times are subject to slight change due to local traffic conditions.
3. Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
4. Local supplier telephone number: +855 (0)88 8969 093.
Please pay the guide at the start of the tour.
Hotel information required on booking.
All traveler names required on booking.
Price $92 per person (Minimum 2 people)